“THE NEDP TEAM HAS MAINTAINED A VERY CONSISTENT, HIGH LEVEL OF PRODUCTIVITY THROUGHOUT THE PROJECT, EVEN AS OUR NEEDS HAVE CHANGED FROM DISCOVERY THROUGH PRECLINICAL DEVELOPMENT.”
Medicinal chemistry is the iterative process of optimizing early lead compounds into viable clinical candidates. Complex structure-based data from a variety of sources such as enzyme activity, drug metabolism and physicochemical properties are used to design new analogs that are potent, safe and effective. New England Discovery Partners is staffed with highly experienced scientists who have worked on diverse programs in a variety of therapeutic areas, each with specialized target profiles. As a result, we are able to work closely with our research partners, delivering scientific excellence in a highly efficient, effective and collaborative manner.
- Lead identification and optimization: design and synthesis of new analogs to optimize potency, selectivity, efficacy, bioavailability, metabolism, etc
- Parallel synthesis
- Hit conformation and expansion (confirm structure and activity of hit clusters). Synthesis of selected analogs to evaluate scaffolds and select lead series
- Small molecule patent strategy development and implementation (done in collaboration with law firm)
- Project management and consulting
- X-ray crystallography of small molecule inhibitors bound to protein targets
- Molecular modeling for lead optimization
As medicinal chemists and business executives with decades of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, we understand that intellectual property is the primary value driver for drug discovery research. We work closely with our clients and patent attorneys to develop effective patent strategies to ensure the broadest, most complete patent coverage.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST